Rules of Play
DO NOT BRING ANY TEAM BASKETBALLS INTO THE FACILITIES
PLAYERS MUST HAVE UNIFORM ON TO ENTER **COACHES MUST HAVE WRISTBAND TO ENTER
GAME RULES: All courts will follow NFHS Rules and Guidelines
- Two 16-minute halves will be played for all games.
- Teams will be allowed 4 minutes to warm up. Halftime will be 3 minutes.
- First overtime is 3 minutes. All additional overtimes are 2 minutes in duration.
- Teams will shoot the one-and-one on the 10th team foul of each half.
- NO two-shot bonus.
- Clock stops on every whistle. Clock does NOT stop on made baskets during final minute of each quarter.
- Timeouts per game:
- two full 60-second timeouts
- two 20-second timeouts
- one additional 20-second timeout for each overtime period
- Foul disqualification will be five (5) fouls.
- Mercy rules: Clock will run when…
- One team is up 30 or more at the start of the 2nd Half
- One team is up 20 or more with 8 minutes remaining in the game
- Regular clock stoppage resumes if the score goes under 30 in the in 2nd half before minute 8 or under 20 between minute 8 and end of game
- Clock will stop for Time Outs during implementation of ‘mercy rule’
- NIKE EYBL E16 Division will use 30 second shot clock
- Home team is listed first on the schedule and will wear light-colored uniforms and sit to the RIGHT of the scorer’s table as you face the court.
- Coaches MUST fill out a score sheet (provided at table) prior to the start of each game and turn it in at the scorer’s table.
- Dress Code: All coaches on the bench MUST wear collared shirt and long pants. A violation of the dress code will result in a technical foul.
- Coaches/parents/team statistician/team personnel are NOT PERMITTED to sit, stand, linger near the scorers table.
- Players may only compete with one team for the duration of the tournament. Absolutely no player movement between ages or divisions allowed. Failure to follow this rule will result in disqualification.
- Pool play will be used for all age groups. Top team advances to Gold Bracket, 2nd place team advances to Silver Bracket. No consolation round or losers bracket.
- Tie-breaker for pool play is as follows:
- 2 teams tied – head to head competition
- 3 teams tied – point differential involving those teams only
- 4 teams tied – point differential for all teams
- Maximum point differential counted toward tie-breaker is 15 points.